The Chaplaincy Institute Presents:
2022 Spring Alumni & Student Learning Retreat
at Villa Maria Del Mar
Monday, April 4 – Friday, April 8
Welcome to The Chaplaincy Institute’s first in-person Learning Retreat April 4 – 8 at the Villa Maria del Mar ocean front retreat center in Santa Cruz, California. The center sits on a cliff with easy access to a beautiful public beach below. In addition to the programs and the relaxed atmosphere at the center, you will be surrounded by natural beauty; spectacular sunrises and sunsets, the sound of the surf and quiet spaces for contemplation.
Watch the video HERE to see where we’re staying!
While some daily programming is required for a specific cohort of Chaplaincy Program, Spiritual Direction students and Ordinands, Tuesday we have six elective workshops open for ALL to join. We also have additional programs and practices for Alums and students nearing the completion of their programs on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Details coming soon.
Registration Is OPEN
Alumni & Student Retreat Pricing
Room and Meals
Double Occupancy Rooms
- Students: M – F (required) $ 780.00 From lunch M thru Lunch F
- Alumni & Guests: M – F $ 840.00 From lunch M thru Lunch F
- Alumni & Guests: 3 day M-Th or Tu-F $ 695.00 From lunch M thru Lunch Th, or Tu – F
Single Occupancy Rooms and additional $55/night (There are a limited number of single rooms)
- Students: M – F (required) $1000.00 From lunch M thru Lunch F
- Alumni & Guests: M – F $1060.00 From lunch M thru Lunch F
- Alumni & Guests: 3 day M-Th or Tu-F $ 855.00 From lunch M thru Lunch Th, or Tu – F
- All: Includes Program, Breakfast, and Lunch $135.00
- Dinner is an additional $30 and must be reserved in advance
*Financial aid based on need may be available.
Current Covid Protocols required by ALL to attend (subject to change)
- Proof of being fully vaccinated is required (including booster if applicable)
- Wear a well fitted mask at all times while in common areas of the retreat center
- We ask that you do not come if you have any cold, flu or covid related symptom, or have been in contact with someone with covid within five days prior to the retreat.
We will update covid protocols as necessary based on CDC and county health department regulations.
Don’t forget – Spring Ordination, Saturday, April 9, 1 pm at Northbrae Church in Berkeley.
Can’t wait to see you in Santa Cruz!
Rev. Lisa j Winston
Hours: Tuesday – Thursday 10am-3pm
ChI Chaplaincy Grad, Ordained 2016
ChI Spiritual Direction Grad, 2020