Being with Dying and Death
July 18 @ 8:00 am - July 20 @ 5:00 pm
Being with Dying & Death
July 18-20, 2019
In this 3.5 day course elective, participants will explore important aspects of being with dying and death from multi-disciplinary perspectives. The course will provide practical clinical and personal tools for being with dying death, and loss, professionally and personally. This elective provides excellent training for chaplains, hospice volunteers, nurses, physicians, therapists and anyone who is faced with caring for the dying.
Focus areas include
- Perspectives on dying and death
- Personal death awareness
- EOL care for patients & families
- Spiritual agenda of dying
- Grieving, empathy and forgiveness
- Medical-aid-in-dying and “death with dignity”
- The mystery of Near-Death-Experiences (NDEs)
- Contemplative self-care, mourning and lament in nature
- Green burials and home funeralsAll spiritual traditions and philosophies are welcome. You will come away from this class with a better understanding of your own thoughts and feelings about death and tools to help you better work with the dying while you take care of yourself.
Who should take this class? Chaplains, hospice volunteers, nurses, physicians, therapists.
September 10 @ 8:00 am - September 11 @ 5:00 pm
September 12 @ 8:00 am - September 14 @ 5:00 pm
December 10 @ 8:00 am - December 11 @ 5:00 pm